Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not All Uggs are Created Equal

I agree with Jill. The Sherpa-style Uggs are horrid. They add at least three inches to the circumference of one’s calves, and as Jill said, who needs that? However, when I moved to Chicago and geared up for the first snow, I did make a beeline to the Ugg store to check out what seems to be part of The Windy City’s uniform. I tried on the ever-popular style and must admit they were unbelievably cozy. They felt like I’d left the house in my all-time favorite slippers. But then I looked in the mirror…. Ridiculous. There was no way I could justify buying these boots unless I was of Eskimo descent. But, after about an hour in the store, I did settle on a different pair. They’re black, tall and fairly chic. And you’d never even know they were a part of the Ugg family unless you spotted the logo on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment